Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My experience learning English at the University.

My experience learning English in University has had good moments and bad moments. I had every courses of English in my university life (Starter, Beginner, Preintermediate and Intermediate) and I must to admit that I am very tired, although I have learnt too much.
Now, I will talk about my different opinions, anecdotes and experiences with this course in each year. I want to show the importance of English in my career and my life, even though I have several problems to learning English.

When I matriculate in Universidad de Chile, I never thought that I must to have a course of English. Before of start my career, I come to Social Science Faculty to have an English test. This Test was very difficult to me and I think that me results were very awful. In the first week in the University, I knew that I belong to Beginner Course of English. In that moment I was very disappointed, and I didn’t want to start the course. In the first year, I felt discouraged, because I thought that I was so behind in my level. Then I understand that English course was necessary; I must improve my level in this language.
In the second level, I had other opinion about this course. Sometimes, I enjoyed learning English and I thought that I improved my vocabulary, listening and my writing. In that level I had my first Oral Presentation. Although I was very nervous, that experience was useful to me, because I polish up my speaking.
When I was in Preintermediate level, I learnt more words and idioms of language, I had my first Oral Interaction and started my first web page; the blog. Henceforth, my English skills were improving, above all listening. In this year, I began the level 4. Undoubtedly, this course was where I learnt more English. I learnt new words, I improved my reading and speaking, that is, I knew other ways of communication.

Finally, I can to say that English is very necessary to have more opportunities to understand the world. I learnt since simple things for example understand words and sentences in television (TV series or publicity), until important things for example giving directions to foreign people, reading scientific papers of my subjects and communicate with other people in my professional area.
For all that, I think that English has enriched my career, because that language allow me knowing other realities, which is the principal way to connect with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment